Frequently Asked Questions:
Fairoaks IT are experts at network management and data protection. We provide outsourced IT support and IT consulting services to Worcester, Massachusetts to Providence Rhode Island. Distinguishing ourselves from a large IT chain’s off-the-shelf service, our staff knows your business, your names and your unique situations. Our ethical stand is to “treat our Client’s money as if it was our own”. You Manage Your Business, We’ll Manage the Technology Behind It.
We’re your best option if you’re going through any of the following:
- You have concerns your technology systems or your current IT support – Are we using the right technology? Are we spending our technology money efficiently? Is our data safe? What should we be looking at next? What do we need to budget?
- You already have an IT services provider, but they are hard to reach, don’t resolve your problems, or perhaps you find them difficult to work with.
- You have a staff member in charge of IT, but managing that employee is difficult, time consuming, or expensive. You’re not investing in the right training for them. You don’t have coverage when they are out sick or on vacation. They’re stretched too thin.
- You have IT needs but don’t need a full-time in-house IT person.
- You want to leverage technology to enhance productivity and reduce operational issues.
- You have very specialized IT needs that require a customized solution.
We Like Our Clients! They are the types of businesses and people we admire, respect and want to work with. Where are they? They are located within 45 minutes of Franklin. Who are they? They are in the construction or professional services industry with office staff of 10 to 100. What are they like? They are well‐run and organized. They are profitable because they concentrate on their core business. They understand the value of the right technology working the right way and are willing to invest in their future.
We’ve been in business for over 25 years and we pride ourselves on lasting relationships with our clients. We are proud to say that Fairoaks IT’s first client is still with us today! Fairoaks IT was founded in 1991 with the goal of helping companies grow through the effective use of technology. We know how to apply the right solutions and make them work for your business.
Most of our Clients’ offices are within 45 minutes of Franklin, MA but we do service some Clients as far away as The Cape, Springfield and even Florida.
Fairoaks IT manages all the components of your IT environment including:
- Desktop computers
- Firewalls (or UTMs)
- Phone systems
- VoIP and telephony
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Antivirus management and patching
- Antimalware management and patching
- Cloud Services (Including storage and backup)
- Email and spam protection
- Office 365
We have extensive experience working in multiplatform environments. We work with Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh platforms and – just as important – we know how to make these different technologies communicate.
Fairoaks IT offers three different service plans:
- Basic Care – Our Basic support is your typical Break/Fix model where you wait until your computer breaks, you call us and we fix it. You get billed an hourly rate for the service provided. While we continue to offer this type of support to some of our smaller and more occasional customers, it is not our most recommended plan, this is because most of the time - depending on your business size and the type of issues you are having it can often end up costing more.
- Core Maintenance Security - The second model is our middle tier called Core Maintenance Security. This plan includes the basic security support every business should have. All security related labor is included. Clients on this plan receive a discounted labor rate on non-security issues (i.e. PC setup, problems with programs crashing, printer issues, etc.)
- Total Care – This is our most popular support plan. With Total Care we become your IT department. By deploying custom tools and monitors, we work to predict and prevent failures. Our Total Care plan includes a support contract service where you pay a predictable flat monthly fee for the management of your entire IT environment. This includes unlimited help-desk, onsite and offsite support, project work (i.e. infrastructure upgrades, new server setup, etc.). Anything related to network administration, management and support, desktop support, software installation – you name it, it’s included. And because of all the support that’s included, Clients that have migrated to our Total Care from a typical break/fix support have saved an average of 7.4% on their IT labor spend!
We provide both onsite and remote support, but we always work to do as much remote support as possible. We prefer this because we can respond to your problems faster and with less disruption. If we can resolve your issue directly from our office, you don’t need to wait for a technician to arrive and you don’t need to worry about interruptions. But if a problem can only be resolved by an onsite visit, or you need to meet with a member of our staff to discuss a project or issue, we’ll be there whenever you need us.
Yes! Fairoaks IT works with several large, international distributors, allowing us to price our products competitively with big box stores – and often at even lower prices. Additionally, we have access to a lot of hardware and software that is not available in retail outlets because it is business specific. Our customers are under no obligation to buy hardware from us, but we encourage them to check our pricing before purchasing from another vendor as we can frequently offer lower prices.
If you are interested in learning more about Fairoaks IT you can call us at (774) 222-5500. If you are a current customer, but need to speak to someone about a sales or administrative matter, you can call the same number.
Alternatively, if you are a current customer and need to create a support ticket, our preferred method of communication is electronic. We prefer this because it allows us to keep a detailed history of your calls, issues, resolutions and response time. If you want to raise a support ticket yourself, you can:
- Call our support number at: (508) 543-5540. We answer our phones live during business hours for our Clients. We guarantee it. If we don’t, Rebecca will send your $25!
- Email support@fairoaksIT.com
- Go to our support portal and log a ticket: http://www.fairoaksit.com/about-us/support-center/
You will hear back from someone at our office within 30 minutes or less. All electronic submissions are routed to our help desk and the next available technician will be in contact.
We track our performance daily. Our average, we answer our Clients’ tickets in 12 minutes! We have a state-of-the-art “ticket” system to insure nothing falls through the cracks. You can even follow the progress through your own personal ticket portal.
This is certainly an important question, but consider this: If your child needed surgery you certainly wouldn’t choose a surgeon based on what they charge. If you’re like most business owners, your business is your baby. And for most businesses, their IT is the life-blood. That’s why it always puzzles us that many people’s first question when choosing an IT provider is “how much is it going to cost.” If cost is your primary concern, you may pay what you WANT, but you may not get the level of service that your business actually NEEDS.
Fairoaks IT is certainly not the most expensive option, but we’re also not the cheapest; delivering quality service requires heavy investment in training, tools and staffing on our part. Any IT support company charging less is probably not providing the level of service you need. Our Clients trust us with one of their most important assets – their data. Ultimately the only thing that matters is getting the results your business needs. It may sound flippant, but if you spend $50, and your needs aren’t met, is that really “cheaper” than spending $100 to have the job done correctly? To find out more about our rates and how we do business, please give us a call at 774-222-5500, or send us an email to Rebecca at Rebecca@fairoaksit.com We’d be happy to discuss our pricing with you.
This is a great question. If you’re reading through this, you’re probably not an enterprise business like GE or Ford looking for IT support but I’ll pass this along anyway. The average enterprise business spends $17,000 per year per employee on IT. That’s not you. The average budget for well run SMB’s (Small and Medium Businesses) will be in the range of $2,000 per year per employee. To get more info, take a look at out white paper “The Business Owners’ Guide to IT Support Services and Fees” (http://www.FairoaksIT.com/ITbuyersguide)”